fREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
About the master
The Master is activated approx. every 18 months.
Previously, a post-graduate specialization course has been carried out by the DAStU (Coopera(c)tion: knowledge and skills for sustainable cities in the global South) of which the Master is an advancement, which is documented by the volume Sustainable Urban Development and Globalization. New strategies for new challenges, with a focus on the Global South, edited by A. Petrillo and P. Bellaviti, Springer, 2018 and from the works of the students of the 3 editions published in the annex to the volume (http://extras.springer.com, displayng ISBN 978-3-319-61988-0).
The Master’s admission criteria are the following:
- Analysis of the candidate’s curriculum vitae (max 50 points: max 25 for academic qualifications and max 25 for professional expertise);
- Motivations expressed during the admission interview (max 50 points);
- If two or more candidates have the same score, the youngest candidate will be preferred.
Minimum passing grade for admission: 60/100.
The selection results are usually announced within 20 days from the admission deadline.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
For the first edition:
- four half-tuition scholarships (€ 4,500 each) provided by the Master’s Committee
- one full-scholarship (€ 9,500) provided by FEEM – Eni Enrico Mattei Foundation (https://www.feem.it/en/)
For the second edition:
- five half-tuition scholarships (€ 3,000 each) provided by the Master’s Committee.
The scholarships attribution is based on the merit evaluations expressed in the selection phase of the candidates.
ACCOMMODATION AND MATERIALS COSTS
The registration fee does not include accommodation in Milan, but information will be provided on facilities affiliated with the Politecnico di Milano.
The costs of the International Workshop are included in the fee (travel, accommodation, local transport).
Generally, the Master does not require costs for particular materials. The Politecnico di Milano has several study rooms and libraries accessible with the Politecnico card provided to each student after the enrolment.
The internship is guaranteed to all the students and each student is allowed to decide where to have it. The relative travel costs are generally covered by the student. However, for some specific destinations the accommodation costs could be guaranteed by the internship host.
If we have not answered to your questions here please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer you as soon as possible.