What are cookies
Cookies are small text strings sent to the user of the website visited, which are stored in the users’ device and allow the website to recognize users and store certain information about them. Cookies can be recovered during following visits.
Cookies can be divided into the following categories:
- Profiling cookies: they allow information about the user to be obtained and can be used for unsolicited uses, such as the display of advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing. The art. 122 of the Privacy Code establishes that: “the storage of information in the terminal device of a contractor or a user or access to information already stored is permitted only on condition that the contractor or user has given his consent after have been informed with the simplified procedures referred to in article 13, paragraph 3 “(article 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
- Analytics cookies: they are comparable to technical cookies and other identifiers if: “ they are used only to produce aggregate statistics and in relation to a single site or a single mobile application; for those of third parties, at least the fourth component of the IP address is masked; third parties refrain from combining analytics cookies, thus minimized, with other processing (customer files or statistics of visits to other sites, for example) or from transmitting them to other third parties. However, third parties are allowed to produce statistics with data relating to multiple domains, websites or apps that can be traced back to the same publisher or business group “(see Annex 1 to the provision of the Guarantor for the protection of personal data no. 231 of 10 June 2021 “Guidelines for cookies and other tracking tools”).
Furthermore, cookies are divided into:
- First-party cookies: they are transmitted directly from the website visited;
- Third-party cookies: they are transmitted by third-party companies present on the site visited by means of specific codes that have been included to integrate additional functions into the site.
Cookies used by the POLIEDRA site and their purposes
This site uses exclusively technical first-party cookies, essential for the functioning of the session on the site, and not profiling cookies.
Specifically, the following is a list of the main cookies used on the site and their descriptions and functions, including the time duration.
1) Type of Cookie First functional part
Purpose: Retrieve user settings (save the user’s session and remember some settings such as accessibility settings)
Persistent cookie duration
2) Type of Cookie First part – Functional
Purpose: To memorize the user’s location and remember the language settings (anonymously)
3) Type of Cookie First part – Functional
Purpose: Customize the content of the page according to the device used by the user, his choices and settings (anonymously)
Duration of cookies
The cookies used by this site terminate their validity at the end of the session.
Management of cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies , but the user can usually change the settings to disable this function. It is possible to block all types of cookies, or accept to receive only some and disable others. The “Options” or “Preferences” sections in the browser menu allow you to avoid receiving cookies and other user tracking technologies, and how to get notification from the browser of the activation of these technologies. Alternatively, it is also possible to consult the “Help” section of the toolbar present in most browsers.
You can select the browser used from the list below and follow the instructions: Internet Explorer; Chrome; Safari; Firefox; Opera.
From mobile device: Android; Safari.
Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the site and prevent you from fully benefiting from the features and services.