Sustainable Urban Development and Globalization. New strategies for new challenges, with a focus on the Global South, edited by A. Petrillo and P. Bellaviti, Research for Development Series, Springer, 2018
This publication concerns the multidisciplinary set of studies, researches and projects developed in recent years within the Laboratory for International Cooperation of the Department of Architecture and Urban Studies (DAStU) of Politecnico di Milano and particularly in relation with the Post-graduated specialization course “Coopera(c)tion: Knowledge and skills for sustainable cities in the Global South”, promoted by the Laboratory for 3 editions from the academic year 2013–2014.
- Describes sustainable solutions to challenges posed by socioeconomic, environmental, and cultural changes associated with globalization
- Focuses especially on rapid urbanization processes in countries of the Global South
- Covers strategies in diverse sectors, including housing, education, cultural heritage, and land management in the context of climate change
Territorial Development and Water-Energy-Food Nexus in the Global South. A Study for the Maputo Province, Mozambique, edited by L. Montedoro, A. Buoli, A. Frigerio,Research for Development Series, Springer, 2022
This volume originates from the research results of “Boa_Ma_Nhã, Maputo!” (Polisocial Award 2018), a transdisciplinary research project based at Politecnico di Milano and focused on the districts of Boane, Moamba, and Namaacha, located in the eastern part of the Maputo Province, Mozambique. The project has been a testing ground to integrate and blend different know-hows and backgrounds when dealing with contingent issues. It involved four departments from different fields (architecture and urban studies, environmental, electronics, civil and energy engineering) and has been developed in partnership with the Eduardo Mondlane University (Maputo, Mozambique) and the Italian Cooperation Agency (AICS) in Maputo. It also benefits from the support of other locally operating NGOs and institutions and is framed in a larger international cooperation initiative named PIMI (Programa de Investigação Multisectorial Integrada: Estudo para a Promoção do Desenvolvimento Territorial Integrado da Região de Boane, Moamba e Namaacha).
- Highlights spatial correlations of WEF Nexus and sustainable territorial development in a Sub-Saharan African context
- Presents a comprehensive study of rural-urban linkages in the Maputo metropolitan area
- Includes WEF-oriented territorial cartography for spatializing territorial dynamics